Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Westampton Sports Complex - Westampton, New Jersey

We were at the Westampton Sports Complex for the USA Elite Select qualifier tournament.

This facility was decent.  The area where it says open field space, is not open field space.  It's a football field.  There's also soccer fields there, too.

1) Playground -- There is a nice playground behind field #2.  You can watch the game on field #2.  There's no risk of foul balls coming near the playground, which is a big plus!

2) Parking -- If there are soccer games and football games, parking is a little crazy.  I ended up parking on the grass close to the entrance on Bridge Street.  Good idea to bring your cart to lug all of your stuff.

3) Bathrooms -- No porta potties, actual bathrooms!! For the women, there was 3 stalls plus a handicapped stall.  They were very clean.  Two sinks, soap, one air hand dryer.  They are located right at the snack bar.  They were heated, which was awesome for the cold night we had.

4) Hotels -- We decided, last minute, to stay the night at a Super 8, which was about 7 miles away from the fields.  I didn't do a ratings check, unfortunately.  It smelled like cigarettes.  The rooms weren't too bad but the curtains were stained, which skeeved me out.  I could hear every time someone left their room, which was all throughout the night.  I've never been to a Super 8 before but I will probably skip it next time it's an option.  There are a lot of other hotels in the area.  Make sure you read the rating! 😂

5) Area Attractions -- Our games started at 3:00 p.m. with the last one ending around 8:30 p.m, and return to field time was 8:15 a.m.  We didn't have time to go around and find things to do.

6) Concession Stand -- The concession stand is right at the parking lot.  The image above is correct.  The playground is close behind the concession stand.  They had all kinds of cold drinks, which were all $1.50.  They had coffee and hot chocolate.  I didn't see any healthy options like salad, but they did have an wide range of selections.  Hot dogs, hamburgers, mac and cheese, walking tacos, pizza, chicken nuggets, and other things.  They did run out of a few things by Sunday afternoon.  They had water ice, ice cream, candy, chips, and soft pretzels.  I'm sure there's more but that's all I can remember now.

7) Coolers and Grills -- I didn't see a rules sign when I walked in.  I'm not really sure about the grills but no one had one at the field.  Coolers were definitely allowed.  There was actually a lot of dogs there, too.

8) Shade - No shade anywhere.  Being your canopy or sports umbrella. There are roofs over the benches for the players so you do not need extra canopies.

9) Fields -- As you can see, the fields are clover fields, lights on all fields.  They are close together, which is great for switching fields, but not so great for the foul balls.  There were foul balls EVERYWHERE! As I first got there, looking for my daughter warming up, I'm walking past field #1 and I hear the heart-stopping, "Heads up!"  I stop in my tracks and a ball flies RIGHT by my face.  It was insane.
That's not me but I guarantee it will be one day

Foul balls would fly from one field to the next.  They were constantly having to stop games for foul balls coming onto the fields.  Fields #1,2,3 have plenty of room in the outfield to watch the games, away from the foul balls.  Field #4 you cannot go behind the fence.  There are bleachers at every field on both sides and room next to them to sit with your chairs. 

The infields were in good shape.  They did reline the fields after every game. 

10) Warm-up area -- There was plenty of places for the girls to go and warm-up without being in the way.  The open field space is not open field space, as stated above.  It's a football field.  There's spots behind the fields, next to the fields, and between the playground and concession stand is a big place to warm-up.

11) Time -- Everything seemed to run on time.  I think Sunday got a little later than it was supposed to, but playing back to back games, the girls were okay with the little break to eat.

Overall it was a good experience, minus the foul balls, but easily avoided being in the outfield.  Can you tell I'm terrified of foul balls?!  I'm a magnet for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In The Net - Palmyra

We entered the In The Net Indoor Tournament in Palmyra, PA.  If you don't feel like reading through my list of information, here's a...